For Colloquium Speakers
About Air Travel If you are making your own travel plans, please be sure to reserve your flight well in advance of your trip. Reservations made at least two weeks, or more, in advance will definitely save on the price of your airline ticket. For information about area airports and travel options, please contact Christine Clay at email@example.com or by phone at 607-255-7562.
There are two main airports that people use when coming to Cornell: Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport (ITH) in Ithaca. Carriers include Delta, Continental, USAirways and United.
Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR), ~60 miles outside Ithaca. Carriers include American Eagle, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, United Express and USAirways.
Visitors arriving at Ithaca Tompkins airport will have the option of a free shuttle to your hotel as well as ample taxi service or a rental car should you desire one.
Visitors arriving in Syracuse have options for traveling to Ithaca including a rental car, taxi or limo service and local buses. Please visit the following links for information about transportation options around Ithaca.
If you need any assistance with your travel plans, please contact Christine Clay at the Cornell Physics Office – 607-255-7562.
Information needed at least one month prior to your talk at Cornell Please e-mail the following information to Christine Clay, Events Coordaintor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel itinerary
- Title of talk (for use on poster)
- Abstract Image (gif file) to be used on posters announcing talk.
- Additional web pages and/or papers, if you so desire; these are not required.
Please check which audio-visual requirements are needed for your talk and return this information to Christine Clay at least one week in advance.
- laser pointer (standard item which does not require request)
- overhead projector (standard item which does not require request)
- wireless microphone (standard item which does not require request)
- Internet access (standard item which does not require request)
- digital video projector (LCD) (standard item which does not require request)
- audio for laptop computer
- table with 2 tabletop mics for panel discussion
Important: Original Receipts are required for reimbursement. After your trip you will be emailed the required reimbursement forms and relevant instructions.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Christine Clay at email@example.com or 607-255-7562.