The graduate physics program at Cornell is multidisciplinary, broad and congenial, and has access to superb facilities.
Research in the department is organized in two laboratories, the Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics (LASSP) and the Laboratory for Elementary Particle Physics (LEPP).
- October 2014: Two Cornell alumni win Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Watch Bethe Lecturer Juan Maldacena’s Public Lecture: Quantum Mechanics and the Geometry of Spacetime
- September 2014: Nanoscale facility ‘open for business,’ leaders say
- September 2014: Cosmic Inflation: Q&A with the Theorists
- September 2014: Cosmologists probe beyond the Big Bang