The graduate physics program at Cornell is multidisciplinary, broad and congenial, and has access to superb facilities.
Research in the department is organized in two laboratories, the Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics (LASSP) and the Laboratory for Elementary Particle Physics (LEPP).
- June 2014: First results from Atacama Cosmology Telescope Polarimeter (ACTPol) announced
- May 2014: Prof. Julia Thom-Levy Receives 2014 Kendall S. Carpenter Memorial Advising Award
- May 2014: Doctoral Student, Mike Roman, Restores Antique Clock in Physics Department
- May 2014: Prof. Eun-Ah Kim, Prof. Michael Lawler, and Prof. J.C. Seamus Davis Research in Superconductivity Highlighted in Quanta Magazine
- April 2014: Prof. Kyle Shen Featured in Nature Nanotechnology Journal for a Recent Discovery